William practises in all areas of family law and alternative dispute resolution. His qualifications and memberships include the following:
- Family law specialist, Accredited by the Law Society of New South Wales;
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS), Registered with the Law Society of New South Wales
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Registered with the Commonwealth Attorney General to issue statutory certificates under section 60I Family Law Act 1975 (Cth);
- Trained collaborative family practitioner and Member of:
- Collaborative Professionals NSW;
- Central Sydney Collaborative Forum; and
- The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales;
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia; and
- Notary Public and member of the Society of Notaries of New South Wales.
William draws on his diverse professional and legal experience to assist his clients in all aspects of their family law and related matters. In particular, his commercial law background and experience enables him to proficiently manage all aspects of his clients’ family law financial matters, including in relation to their substantial and complex assets and financial structures.
William has a particular interest in family law matters that have an international element, including disputes involving parenting and substantial financial issues. William regularly advises and acts for foreign nationals and Australian expats in relation to their international family law matters and disputes that have a connection with Australia.
William takes instructions and referrals from private clients, corporate clients and lawyers in relation to contentious and non-contentious family law matters and is able to assist parties resolve disputes and settlements by Family Dispute Resolution practise, mediation, collaborative practise and litigation in the Family Courts.
He is also admitted as a Notary Public in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and provides private and corporate clients with notarial services by appointment and on an urgent basis.
Robert has many years’ experience practising law in Australia and Asia, including as partner of Minter Ellison for 29 years.
Robert was President of the Australia-China Business Council and part-time lecturer at Bond University Business School. He has also served on the Australia-China Council advising the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade on its Australia China relationship.
Robert is expert in the provision of first tier private client services and has extensive experience advising in the areas of family law, family provisions law (Wills disputes) and estate planning, including for high net worth clients with substantial assets in Australia and overseas